Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Aching Back


So woke up sleep deprived again today. I'm not sure what is happening but all of a sudden our mattress is killing my back. It all started about 6 months ago. I would wake up in the middle of the night with one side of my back hurting. Usually I would just get up, walk around a little, stretch and then head back to bed and it would be fine. Lately, that tactic is not working anymore. Like clockwork I wake up every night at around 3:30 a.m. Because the stretching routine is not working anymore I am forced to sleep in the guest bedroom. The bed in there is much more firm and my back immediately feels better when I lay down on it.

I think that Paul and I have to get rid of our bed. It sucks because it is so huge that a replacement will undoubtedly be pricey and I'm not sure what to do with the one we have. I could try to sell it on Craigslist but used mattresses are hard to sell.....I wonder why??

So, if anyone wants an incredibly comfortable, Cal King mattress....I'm your girl!!

4 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

Consider a Tempurpedic mattress. Most of my family has a history of back problems and these babies get the job done. Definitely on the expensive end of the spectrum but WELL worth the price in my opinion. Seriously, I cannot even explain the difference between Tempurpedic and a regular mattress - no matter how nice the regular one is. Ask Pickett - She was skeptical at first but LOVES it now.

PunkyPickett said...

Damn, ben beat me to the punch on this one! I did not used to be picky about what I slept on (thank god I wasn't spoiled before going to Kenya! I basically slept on a slap of wood!) but I love our tempurpedic. It doesn't feel like a huge difference when you lay on it, but over time you'll definitely notice that you're sleeping better and aren't as achy the next day.

Bag said...

I might be interested if the purchase includes Kwicky.

KermyFrag said...

Ya sure, I'll throw him in ;)