Thursday, September 4, 2008


It's been three weeks and I am still waiting for it to get easier. I didn't just lose a pet, I lost my best friend. I lost the girl that I sought every time I had a bad day, the girl that went hiking with me on summer evenings, the girl that kept me company on so many long road trips, the girl who rested her head on my shoulder and said more with her eyes than words could ever say. She is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to bed. Every moment that I am not distracted, I am thinking of her. I don't see the day in the near future when I won't cry for her. I miss her so terribly.

Sometimes I feel as if I have misplaced something but I don't know what it is. Like something should be with me but isn't. I don't know if that feeling will ever go away. I kind of hope it doesn't.

5 comments:

GnightMoon said...

I can't think of anything to say that will help. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

I see a puppy in your future. Perhaps not a lab?

PunkyPickett said...

I know this isn't really pertinent to your post, but I love the photos you are putting up. They are so beautiful.

TheGraveWolf said...

updaaaaaaaate

tell use how the new pup is getting on

Anonymous said...

Hi honey, The picture of the lone tree struck a memory cord in me. Remember when we used to go to Reno and that little tree that sat out in the field on the right side of 395. That little tree always captured your interest and you wanted to paint it someday. You thought it looked so loney out there by itself. I think the picture you display today resembles those feelings. You'll never quit missing Zoe, but I promise things will get easier. Mom