Sunday, April 8, 2007

Alone Time


When I first moved to Colorado I was checking out a lot of rooms for rent in the Boulder area. It was difficult because it was kind of a bad time of year to be looking for such a thing seeing as how school was starting only weeks away. Since Boulder is primarily a college town, rooms for rent can be difficult to find.

I finally found a place that I really liked. The roommates were all fairly close to my age and they all seemed really nice. When I interviewed with the guy who was responsible for giving me the "thumbs up" or the "thumbs down" he said something that initially I didn't pay much attention to. He said that he wanted a roommate that would be around a lot because the other girls in the house complained that no one was ever home to "hang out" with; and he made a fairly big deal about it.

So....the reason for my post today is that I was thinking I must be kind of weird. Personally, I love spending time alone and living in Vegas there have been times where I have gotten to do an awful lot of that. First of all, I have always been this way. I have lived in a lot of places and with a lot of different roommates and I can honestly say that in those situations I always enjoyed having the house to myself. Maybe this is because I have never lived alone. But very contrary to what I just said...I don't think I would like living alone. See? I'm weird.

Anyways, what made me think of these things is that since we have moved to Vegas I sometimes end up alone for days or weeks because of Paul's schedule. I have "a" friend in Vegas but she works a lot. So for most of the time that Paul is not in Vegas it's just me and my peeps (Zoe and Kitty) and I was thinking that maybe because I am really ok being by myself that this isn't has big as a problem as it could be with some couples. Don't get me wrong. In my current living situation (which is living with my wonderful boyfriend Paul) I am much happier when he is home. :)

I think that there are a lot of people who just don't like being alone or they get bored easily or maybe feel like they are missing out on something if they're not with someone. But I think there is a lot to be said for being comfortable enough with who you are to just be.

Ok, peace! Gotta get ready to go out!.............haha j/k.................or am I? :)

4 comments:

Kwicky said...

I like to have an hour or two alone too. It helps me reflect on my life, both past feats and future goals.

TheGraveWolf said...

I like to have an hour or two alone as well...but that's only when the pickett is out of town. ;)

I hope you are ready for some volleyball ownage Ms. Kermyfrag - bring it!

GnightMoon said...

Me too, and me too on being ready for volleyball ownage

Anonymous said...

i live alone- but i like it- it will be difficult to ever have anyone around full time...unless i had a slightly larger home.

i am always at my friend's house though...like my second home. ;)