Friday, April 6, 2007

Ode to a Zo



Well I guess pretty much everyone else has posted about what an awesome dog Zoe is. It's time for me to give my 2 cents.
Zoe is not just a dog. She is THE dog. The phrase "mans best friend" was created for her. She is a perfect dog in every way. Just when I think I just couldn't love her any more than I already do, she does something that proves me wrong. When I first met Zoe she was merely a blur of blackness right on heels of Paul as they both came running down a dirt road and into the woods. Into the woods because having a dog where we where at the time was a big No NO. It was to be day 1 of a 7 day rafting trip down Desolation Canyon. The thought of having a wet, muddy dog along for the ride didn't seem too enticing at first. However, I have to say that it took only mere minutes for me to see that this wasn't just any wet, muddy dog. Zoe's personality is so unique that within the first 5 minutes of having her on my raft I was hooked.

Zoe seemed to fit right in from the moment we launched the rafts. She fit in so well in fact that most of the time we didn't even know she was there. Not until we heard a big splash off the back of the raft every few hours. There are not many dogs that you can take ANYWHERE and be fully confident that they will mesh. Zoe is one of those dogs. Wherever she goes with Paul or me we never have to worry about her.


Not only is Zoe the greatest traveling companion, she is also a kick ass guard dog. Those who know Zoe can vouch for her sweet and mild nature but not many have seen her darker side. When Paul and I first moved to Vegas he was out of town often. I wondered if anything ever happened while he was gone, would Zoe have it in her to protect me? Well, I think I can now answer that question affirmatively. Not only does she have one of the most ferocious barks I've ever heard but I think she's got the bite to back it up!

Zoe has the amazing ability to make me smile even though I think I've had the worst day ever. She knows how to physically maneuver a hand so that it is in perfect petting position and I've never seen a dog wiggle themselves from point A to B quite as well as Zoe. She is a good judge of character and trustworthy dog. If Zoe is around you are in very good company :)

Zoe has planted the seed of doubt in those who stand firmly by their belief that they just aren't "dog people". Everyone that meets her falls in love with her and I am no exception. She is one in a million and I am so glad she is a part of my life. I've told Paul on more than one occasion that I think she must be an angel trapped in a dog's body.
Anyways, this was my ode to Zoe. She's the best!!

5 comments:

Kwicky said...

Great pictures, what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

The Zoe is the Shiz. Nuff said.

--Tru

TheGraveWolf said...

ZOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZOEZOEZOEZOEZOEZOEZOE

GnightMoon said...

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzohhwwweeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

amby, what a pretty dog! glossy ebony- i am glad zoe is there to protect you