Saturday, April 12, 2008

I HAD a dream

My dream was weird and I woke up in a panic. I dreamed that I had died and was in a kind of line waiting to get into heaven. I noticed that everyone was carrying a bag. It was the same kind of bag everyone was carrying but some were really full and some really empty. My bag was really quite empty and I didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. As a approached what looked like a podeum and a man standing behind it, I noticed that he was checking everyones bag. Some people were allowed to pass and others were told to go another way based on the contents of their bags. I was a little worried at this point.

Once I arrived at the podium the man asked to look into my bag. As he did I felt my stomach (or what used to be my stomach) rise up into my throat. He said to me, "Do you know what this is?" I said, "No." He said, "These are all of the good things that you have done for others in your life." At that moment I felt really terrible. In all of my life the good things I had done couldn't even fill up a bag.

After this happened I woke up. I'm not sure I got into heaven but one thing is for sure. I have a lot of work to do :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have done many good deeds! Enough to fill five bags at least. So really if going to Heaven depends on good deeds, i think you are there.
I had a dream that i drowned after falling off a boat in the ocean and taking in too much saltwater...so i know the feeling of having a tramatic experience in a dream...it really makes you think about your life and wonder why we dream the things we do, eh?