Tuesday, March 27, 2007


A long, long, long time ago (probably about 6 years...yikes!) my friend Natalie and her friend Chris and i went to visit our friend Jessica in Napa Valley. It was about this time of year because I remember the way the sun felt on my skin. My skin having endured 5 months of a frosty cold winter. It was heaven. I'm sure everyone can relate. Its the feeling you get on that first gorgeous, perfect day after winter. I was cheating though. I had driven from Quincy (about a 4 hr drive) where it was still oh so nippy outside :) I got my first day of spring early!
We all decided to go wine tasting! It was a fabulous idea and we weren't taking any shortcuts. We stopped at a quaint (quaint for Napa Valley translates to snooty, overpriced, deliciousness) little store on the side of Winery Lane and purchased the necessities: 2 types of bread, 3 types of yummy cheese and water. Then we were off!
The rest of the day Jessica navigated us around the best wine tasting experience. We went to a few very well known wineries like Duckhorn, Opus One and Whitehall Lane but we didn't overlook those off the beaten path either. Because Jessica was working in the restaurant industry at the time at one of the more upscale restaurants in the valley she was able to pull some strings so the whole thing didn't end up costing us our arms and legs (would have made driving very difficult) Overall I'd have to say that it was one of the best days of my life. I was with 2 of my best friends in the whole world, it was a beautiful day and we didn't have a care in the world! For some reason I always seem to think of that day when winter withers to spring and I'm glad to have a day like that to remember :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you remember more about that day than i do, but it's all coming back to me now. you forgot to mention that the tasting @ whitehall lane was a private barrel room tasting at 3am!!! *lol* i hope you can come visit soon, come when you get out of school, or come for my bday again! but for longer....plane tix are only $100!!! i want to come to vegas when u r out of school, so beginning of june maybe...we shall see. i love wine. yum wine. i wish i was rich so i could buy tons...

Anonymous said...

i like exclamtion marks too!!!

Anonymous said...

exclamation!!!!whoops!