Wednesday, January 28, 2009


Most people know by now that I did get invited to interview!!! I think I was literally in shock the first day I found out. It just didn't seem real to me. It still doesn't. So now what happens?

My interview is set for Friday, Feb. 27. It is a 4 hour long process which consists of an orientation, a group interview, two individual interviews, a timed essay and a tour of the campus. Man, I better eat a good breakfast that day! I guess I have about a 50% chance seeing as how there are 60 people and 29 open spots.

I have two pages of possible interview questions that I am going to study. I am also going to, as Natalie suggested, research the mission statements of other PA programs and compare/contrast them to the one I am hoping to get into. Truman and Natalie both have offered to do a mock interview with me which I think will be extremely helpful. I haven't had an interview since I applied for Paramedic school back in '04....I'm a little rusty to say the least.

Anyways, overall I am thrilled. I never in million years thought I would make it to this point. In the past when I have been on course to achieve something life seems to throw a big rock in the path and I have to veer. Life has been good to me lately though and I have capitalized on the lack of rocks :)

2 comments:

PunkyPickett said...

Congratulations again! You're gonna kick ass, don't worry!

GnightMoon said...

Jeez that's a long ways away. Plenty of time for practice.