Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is this Hell? I'm incredibly hot, I have one bottle of water but it's also very hot, all the people around me are being tortured, every time I look up I see a horrible display, orders are being given and the heat...unbearable. Could this be...? Oh no, this is Bikram Yoga and I tried it for the first time today.

Let me tell you how excruciating it was but also how very awesome it was. I have never put my body through something like that before and I'm so happy I did. There are very few things that can compare to a "runners high" without actually running but this is one of those things. When you are done you feel like you have accomplished something. I felt like I pushed my body beyond it's comfort levels and that's what working out is all about. I probably left about 5 gallons of myself back there but it was an amazing experience. Many times I wanted to run out of the room just to feel the cool air on my very hot skin but I didn't. The instructor told us noobs that our only goal should be to stay in the room for the 90 minutes. Goal achieved!

I also really loved the comradery of all the yoga people. We all clapped at the end and I was congratulated by more than one person on my way out for sticking with it, being that it was my first time.

All in all, what a fantastic experience and I never would have done it ( at least not anytime soon) without Desirae there to coax me along! (sorry if I spelled your name wrong ;))

Tomorrow the plan is to do a little snowboarding. I tried snowboarding once in high school. I tried skiing the very next day. Let's just say, I chose skiing and got 31st in the state of CA in G.S. the very next year .... maybe tomorrow I'll get to find out what is so appealing about knuckle dragging :)

No comments: