Monday, May 25, 2009

We Made It!!

We got to Basel, Switzerland yesterday afternoon. We were driven to the boat which was docked on the Rhine River. We ate a quick dinner and hit the hay. We were both exhasted! One thing that Paul and I noticed immediately while eating dinner with the other 170 or so other guests....we are the youngest couple on this boat by about 35-40 years! We stick out like no body's business. I am actually quite bummed about this.

This morning we took a guided tour through Basel but because the avg. age of everyone in our group pushing 80...it was very, very slow. We really have nothing in common with anyone on the boat and the whole theme of the boat is most certainly catered to those who lead a "mature" lifestyle. O-well, even though I was informed by Paul that I am no longer allowed to pick vacations for the two of us, we are going to make the best of it.

Our room is nice and it is the last room at the end of the boat. We have a large window that opens up to the river. The top of the boat is a sun deck which I used a little bit today. Our purchases today: a very nice can opener, a scrub brush for the kitchen sink, and lemon zester. All three are very nice :) We will depart Basel this evening and arrive somewhere else that I can't pronounce tomorrow. I also have some pictures I am going to attempt to put up soon. I'm using Pauls Mac so I'm happy if I can figure out how to check email! :)

2 comments:

PunkyPickett said...

That's hilarious... I hope you can both enjoy it even under such less-than-ideal conditions!

GnightMoon said...

From personal travel experience, I can say that sometimes unorthodox situations lead to the best memories.