Sunday, May 31, 2009

well we have internet for the time being so I thought I'd write a little. Its Monday and we have just arrived in the Netherlands. We get to go see an old Battlefield today which should be awesome! Paul as been doing a great job posting about the details of our trip so I'll just leave that task up to him. Overall, this trip has not been at all what I expected and I believe that if I had to do it again (pick a trip) I would choose a tropical destination. I'm glad to have been able to see these beautiful parts of Europe b/c I will carry away with me an intense appreciation for the history and beauty of this place. However, it has also made me aware of a fact that I was already fairly certain of....I really don't like to travel. I knew I needed to see Europe and I'm sure someday down the road I will be back. But if I am being completely honest with myself...I like familiarity and comfort, friends and home. Some people are not this way and I wish them many happy trails but I'm just as happy to be sitting on my back porch with my pup and a good book then galaventing across the world.

I know that some would argue that the experiences that one gains while being in uncomfortable, unfamiliar surroundings are priceless in shaping your outlook on the world and who you are as a person. I agree with that to some extent and for some people I am sure that it is priceless. But, I will be the same person that left Boulder when I return to Boulder...only maybe with slightly less patience for old people!

and a craving for Good Times!

2 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

I completely agree. I can't remember I trip that some part of me wasn't looking forward to just being back home.

On another note, fill us in a little more on what happened to you. Paul's entry mainly just left us (Me, Michal, and Bag) worried and curious about if you are OK. Did you really fall off the boat? Why didn't you mention this?

Hope you guys are both doing well. Be safe.

81Trucolors said...

Not to tell you how to run your vacation.. .Ok actually I am going to.

You are in Europe! With someone you love! If you don't like the cruise, ditch their old asses. I don't think the problem is the location.

Love the updates.